The average roof, no matter whether it is flat, tiled, or metallic, will inevitably become damaged due to exposure to all sorts of weather conditions. Wind, rain, storms, snow, and sun all contribute to the ongoing damage to the humble roof.
Got Problems with Your Roof?
Damage to the roof can cause all sorts of ongoing issues that require expert roof repairs in Farnham. Here are just some of the problems that can occur:
- Cracks and holes in the roof that cause rain water to enter the roof space
- Damage to insulation, electrical wiring, and wooden support beams
- Rotting fascia boards due to the accumulation and pooling of rainwater
- Holes and cracks that allow the entry of vermin and insects into the roof space
- Dark-edged circles appearing on the ceiling as a sign that rain is pooling above
- Down pipes and guttering that are damaged
If damage to a roof is neglected for long enough, additional and very expensive issues can happen. An experienced roofer can evaluate the problems and repair or even replace sections of the roof.
Looking for the Signs
It is always a good idea to try and get up on the roof at least once a year to inspect it; however, for anyone with a fear of heights, a roofer should be called. Any pitter-pattering sound of raindrops hitting the ceiling is always a sign that rain is entering the roof, as are dark circles. Leaking gutters and down pipes are also a possible sign that rainwater is pooling where it should not be and is causing damage to the structure of the roof. In all cases, make sure to call out a roofer to have a look!