If you have some lovely antique furniture which needs repairing or restoring, check out the six tips below. At the end of the day it will make a huge difference between getting your furniture professionally seen to, or you ending up with problems due to dodgy workmanship.
- References are Vital
Having a great reputation in the area where you live is one of the best ways of knowing which professionals you should contact to do the job.
- Asking family members, friends and even neighbours who may have had work carried out, or who know somebody who has.
Also, find out exactly what it was that gave them such a great impression.
- Take Your Time and Do Some Research
If you have a recommendation, do some preliminary research online if possible, or over the phone. Do your homework and research how long they have been in the business.
- When online check out the website and also try typing the company name and “reviews” in a search engine and check out what others have said
- Ask All the Right Questions When Making Contact
Jot down a list of questions you would like answered and if they answer them easily and are inquisitive and knowledgeable, you should be on track.
- Anybody who is interested in antique furniture repair, should if possible visit and take a look at the restorer’s workshop
This will give you a much better picture of exactly who you are dealing with.
- Find Out How Long They’ve been Around and Any References
When online, check out the Kendal Restoration, website and their past work. If you are indeed impressed with them, ask for references and to speak to previous customers. Ask questions such as:
- Were they on time and on budget?
- Were you perfectly happy with the work?
- Was there anything which should have been done differently?
- Would you think of using them again?
If there’s any complaints, or if the restorer can’t provide you with any references, maybe look elsewhere.
- Matters of Service
Always remember that when you are hiring a restoration specialist, you will be spending money on a service and not a product.
- By selecting one which has no past record of complaints, or one where a complaint was perfectly resolved, will make a big difference.
Do your best to choose a high quality repair and renovation service, with the right set of skills.
- And Don’t Forget
Find out how long the company has been in business under its present name and also that it has kept a permanent mailing address, e-mail address and phone number(s).
Enjoying their Trade
It’s always nice to see something which we might have thought was beyond repair, brought back to its original state of beauty from times past, especially when it’s an heirloom or a particularly beautiful work of art.
Make sure you hire a company which enjoys doing its craft!